Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Brief Update

Hi everyone!

So this is my "holding down the fort while Sarah is away" post. Actually, Sarah just returned from her trip to Franklin Square, but I'm sure she will write her own post full of the details. Welcome back, Sarah!

It's the usual for me: the next homework assignment. But, our Father gives grace sufficient! I am a very task oriented person, and I find that everyday is about the list of tasks and responsibilities I have to perform. I am amazed that I can go a whole day without even thinking about the Sustainer and One to whom all my actions should glorify. It is very troubling, but I know that God created some of us to be task oriented and he knows our weaknesses. In church last Sunday, we sang these words and they really sum up what I have been praying:

Spirit of God, descend upon my heart;
Wean it from earth, through all its pulses move;
Stoop to my weakness, mighty as thou art,
And make me love thee as I ought to love.

Teach me to feel that thou art always nigh;
Teach me the struggles of the soul to bear,
To check the rising doubt,the rebel sigh;
Teach me the patience of unanswered prayer.


May the Holy Spirit pour out his grace upon us the rest of this week as we fulfill the callings and roles he has given us.

In Christ,
Lily

No comments: