Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Big Test

Hello Talk Time readers! Oh, I'm so glad to be back from vacation. Today was my first day back to school and I was sittin' at lunch today thinkin', "I'm so glad I'm not on vacation anymore." The Lord did bless our time but still...I'm glad I'm back to school, chores, the daily routine, choir, piano, teaching, and most of all: church! I can't wait to be back at Redeemer on Sunday!!

So, my week started off at the DMV. Monday morning at 9:00 I went to take my driving test (the on-the-road part) to get my license. I was so nervous. I couldn't stop thinkin' about it all weekend and everyone was trying to encourage me and tell me what I always tell them, "hey, no big deal!" But, I was still really nervous. The Lord just has this way of using every little moment to drive us back to Him and to prayer! There were a lot of prayers bein' prayed.

So on Monday I was shaking...just dreading the test. I got there and the DMV worker was grumpy. Of course that made me even more nervous. But that's ok....I know how to pray (at least the Lord's continually teachin' me ;)! So, we get out there on the road and he really just told me what to do and where to go. We went into this neighborhood and he told me to stop and to do a 3-point turn. I was so glad because I totally rocked those in Driver's Ed. Then he told me to back up in a straight line....what a relief to look forward again and see wet tire marks perfectly straight up the road :) And then I had to do a quick-stop. So basically, when he says "stop" just pretend there's a child runnin' in front of the car and slam your brakes. You just can't really fail that ;) Then I drove back to the DMV and he had me park. Thankfully the parking spot was on my right because I do better parking if I turn right rather than left into the space.

But, after that, he didn't even tell me if I passed or failed. Daddy had to ask him! I did pass...and now I'm a licensed driver!!

So, this afternoon I drove to choir by myself. It was the first place I ever drove by myself. It's supposed to be exciting and new, ya know. I was just plain lonely! Actually, it was fun -- I did enjoy it. But I love havin' my little Buggies in the back seat talkin' to me and there was nothin'.... I missed 'em.

That was Monday (and Tuesday). Wednesday I'll get to drive to piano. And Thursday is our big choir concert!! I'm so excited. Anybody in the Charlotte area? You're welcomed to come...I would love to see you there. You can e-mail me for location, etc. Somehow I'm just not thinkin' I'm gonna get a lot of e-mails, though. I'll have to do a post on that after Thursday night.

I hope you're all havin' a great week! Lily and I are gonna try to get some book club posts written sometime soon...and of course that means Notable Quotables. (by the way, the Notable Quotable on the side-bar still changes every Monday)

Have a great evening!

In the Savior,

Sarah

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I still remember when I took my driver's test and got my license - how exciting!

I WISH I was going to be in Charlotte for the concert - I think if I could be anywhere right now, it would be with the Blair family!

Love to you all - Brielle

Sarah said...

Oh Brielle, I wish you could be here tonight!! It would be so much fun to see you out there. But, we'll just have to get to planning a Spring visit :) Hey, we could try to plan your visit over the week of my Spring choir concert ;) Just remember...Mama's the calendar lady...not me! I do miss you so much, though...

Have a great day!

Sarah