Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Resolution


Happy New Year Everyone!

I'm surprised to actually be writing this, and I'm sure Sarah is too! It's been very busy the past few months. So it's 2009 and a fresh start and everyone is coming up with goals and resolutions etc. I've had the hardest time coming up with a single "New Year's" resolution. However, I seem to have finally arrived at my decision. This year I'm going to strive to be healthy. For the past two years, I've been busy filling in for my mom (diagnosed with severe plantar fasciitis) in the home. With school, errands and shopping, all housework, piano teaching, and all the other things to do on the side it has been a difficult and busy past few years. During all of this I've repeatedly had issues with fatigue and other stress related problems. Right now I'm at a point of moderate adrenal fatigue. (For a list of symptoms click here) Recovering from this isn't always easy. I've habitually been getting poor sleep, poor nourishment (because of loss of appetite and food cravings), and almost no exercise. So my body is telling me that it is time to regain control.

Instead of resolving to get on a fitness program I'm taking Dr. Oz's advice and simply resolving to be healthy. As a Christian I believe that living as a holy temple is important. Adrenal fatigue takes it's toll both physically and emotionally leading to spiritual problems (or heightening them). So being healthy physically affects my health spiritually.

In light of all of this, I thought it would be fun to do a short little series of healthy habits. So hopefully in the near future, I'll pull some stuff together! Meanwhile, hoping you are well!

Soli Deo Gloria,
Lily

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, I'll have to do a post on my new healthy plan ;) It's been workin' for 10 days now!! Thanks Lily! And I'm prayin' for ya, sister. It's all from the Lord's hand. He's abundantly merciful to us. Just remember, not only is this for His glory but don't lose sight of the fact that it's for your good, also. Like I haven't said that before ;) Nothin' new around here....just keep preachin' the Gospel to ourselves every day, right, dear? He hasn't let us down yet....and He never, never will! There's so much more besides the valley!!

Lovingly in our Glorious Shepherd,

Sarah