Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ten Pages A Day, Part Five

Ah....the Part Five that wasn't going to be, and then was.

While I was at the Greenville Conference there were a couple of books recommended that I was able to find online and have added to my reading list, of course.

The Love of the Spirit Traced in His Work by Robert Philip. I've been printing this off about 20 pages at a time. The chapter on Adoption was particularly recommended at the conference, but I haven't gotten there yet. All of what I've read has been excellent, though. So here, go read it for yourself. Quotes coming soon...no doubt.
Public Worship Always to be Preferred Before Private by David Clarkson (the successor of John Owen - and you know how I feel about John Owen). I haven't read much of this because I have so many things I'm reading right now, but the first page or so that I've read was good. I'm looking forward to reading more. It's kind-of Saturday reading, don't you think? Here's the link, so you can feast, too. Perhaps Weekends Are For...reading Clarkson on Public Worship before the Lord's Day?

Ten pages a day. There's so much good to be read out there, we'll never get to it all, but at least we can do 10 pages at a time. Baby steps.

No comments: