Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Two Thoughts

Two things that were inadvertantly brought to my attention in conversations this weekend (ya know, when I was in New York!):

1. I don't really like tea. I like the idea of tea. Despite the name and theme of our blog, I don't really like tea. I occasionally drink Earl Grey tea and Chocolate Mint tea (my favorite!). In the winter I drink tea more often just because it's something warm to do. But a lot of the time if I want something warm I'll just drink hot water. On Saturdays I'll drink one of the two aforementioned teas when I book club with Lily because...well... it is our book club after all....we're supposed to drink tea, right? So I thought perhaps it was slightly deceptive to have a whole tea-themed blog and not mention that I'm a water drinker. So when I say "so-and-so is pouring our tea today. Pull up a chair to the tea table" I'm probably drinking hot water.

2. I talk about laundry a lot on the blog. I'm not apologizing for that. But I'm also not complaining. If I mention (and sometimes write whole blog posts on) that endless cycle of laundry – folding socks again and ironing clothes for church again and washing sheets and towels again and stacking piles again I'm not complaining. I love doing the laundry. It's like rewinding the tape of the week and reliving it while I fold all the clothes we wore. There are so many memories in one week...so much grace given that can be relived when you're in the moment of folding laundry...faithful in the small things. So if you get bored of hearing about laundry, well.....grab a cup of hot water and live in the moment of your own week's history. It's not going away.

I'm off to fold some laundry and perhaps grab something warm to drink on the way upstairs. If you think I'm kidding because it's a nice way to end this post, I'm actually not. I have lots of laundry to do after my (wonderful) weekend away. Back on Thursday for Lily's birthday!

No comments: