Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fitness Friday: On Snacks


...a bit late!
The running has gone well my first two weeks of school. Of course, I do not have time to run, but everyone must make little sacrifices in order to do what is needful. :P

I thought it would be a good idea to bring the topic of snacks to the tea table! In a very fast paced environment, finding healthy on-the-go options is rather difficult. It's easy to become imbalanced and give into cravings or quick fillers. So let me share a few snacks of my own and please share your own in return!
Sliced apple and almond butter
Nuts
Popcorn
Trail Mix*
*Here's what I put in my trail mix. (I know! Not all of it is healthy, but it's better than opening a package of Pringles!)
Mixed Nuts
Honey Nut Cheerios
Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
Craisins
Raisins
White Chocolate Chips
Peanut M&Ms
Pretzels
Nuts are very filling, and adding a bit of sugar (chocolate!) helps give me a quick energy boost as well.

Hope to get some more snack ideas!
Lily

No comments: