Friday, September 23, 2011

Fitnes Friday: More on Snacks

I was going to comment on Lily's post, with more snack ideas, but then I thought I'd just make the comment into a post: Part Two.

greek yogurt
almond butter on anything (english muffins, fruit, toast, etc.)
celery and peanut butter
peanut butter smoothies
almonds
cheese and crackers
fruit (and some fruits are really yummy frozen, like grapes)
small salads (there are so many things you can put in a salad to make it yummy and interesting)

There are so many good snack ideas. We might be back on another Friday with Part Three, but for now, I'm signing off. Back tomorrow, perhaps? with a weekends are for... post.

4 comments:

brite said...

Lily wouldn't go for this, I don't think, unless you tried to fit chocolate in somewhere. I don't know her, I'm just guessing based on her snack list. :) We eat a lot of pb smoothies around here!

Sarah said...

Lily is all about the sugar/caffeine pick-me-up. I am more about the "I'm hungry, what would be a nutritious choice to get me from here to the next meal? What is my body lacking today?" But, in Lily's defense, I LOVE chocolate and I understand that there's such a thing (regularly) as a *need* for chocolate :) Let's just make it something like 84% cocoa so we get the health benefits of dark chocolate and the yumminess of all chocolate :)

Lily said...

Haha...actually the frozen grapes idea has me intrigued...might just have to try it. I think my ideas are also more "in stock" options that could always be available in the pantry for quick grabs. Produce doesn't keep for very long. Also, things that don't have to be refrigerated or frozen are easy for me to have on the go. Again, this reflects on my typical week at school. But yes, Sarah is right! I do tend to go for the sugar/caffeine options ;)

brite said...

Nothing wrong with chocolate. Just having a little fun (with someone I don't even know- shame on me!). :) I just had to write out everything I ate for several days as well as an exercise log, and give it to my midwife. I had to admit to eating a handful of (dark) chocolate chips every day. So I'm not pointing fingers!