Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Different Cup of Tea

Good afternoon,

Over at the girltalk blog (go read their post) they have posted the link to this video (or the audio). I watched half of it last night and was in tears, not only because it's heart-breaking (it is certainly that) but because the psalmist said, "Blessed is the man who takes refuge in You," and this godly lady is blessed indeed because she has taken refuge in a Savior that will carry her all the way to the Celestial City. Whether we have 24 hours or 24+ years to serve our Master, may He cause us to be faithful, as she has been faithful, and when our race is done, and our victory won, may we be welcomed into our Father's house and hear those blessed words, "Well done, My good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your Master."

Resting on the Everlasting Arms,

Sarah for the Novelteatalkers

6 comments:

Lily said...

I watched the whole thing. It was really unsettling, but I think the Lord is using it to work in me. I keep thinking how horrible it would be to know that you are dying, but at the same time, thinking how wonderful and exciting it would be to know how soon you would be meeting the Lord! Still...very emotional and definitely a test of faith, even for me though I'm not going through it.

Lily said...

oh, and did you read her last post on her website?

Sarah said...

Lily, I found it a bit unsettling, too. But isn't it amazing to just sit back and think about what "eternity" really means... I mean, just let your mind run wild with how long eternity in the presence of our Father will be? And then when you think it's about to end remind yourself that it's going on FOREVER! That made the whole video really sweet. And then thinking about the fact that I get to meet her one day and I'll never know her with cancer. Oh! what a great day that will be.

p.s. did you send the sermons on Wednesday? :)

Sarah said...

which comment, Lily?

Lily said...

Here's a thought: those words "well done, my good and faithful servant"...I just love it when Daddy says "good girl" after I do something that pleases him. It practically makes my entire week! It's like soaring over clouds to hear those words! I think it will be so exciting when the first words to ever audibly hear from the Lord are "good girl"..."well done, my good and faithful servant"!

Sarah said...

Lily, I totally agree! The other thing I love that Daddy says is "thanks, sweet heart" when I think of doing something helpful that he hadn't even noticed needed to be done yet. I just love thinking about marching to the gates of the Celestial City and getting there and hearing the words "well done! You were faithful in proclaiming My great salvation in all that you did." Oh, and the best part is that when we're not faithful our Savior keeps both sides of the covenant!! "Oh for a thousand tongues to sing my Great Redeemer's praise!"