Saturday, February 19, 2011

100 Days List Amendment

A confession: Lily and I have been working on our 100 Days List for about 30 days now. It's so great to get to check off the boxes. I love it.

But I have a confession to make. We've made a slight change to the Ann-lady's rules. There are some days when reading 10 pages 1) doesn't get done, for example when I leave the house at 8 am and don't get home until a good 12 hours later or 2) gets done in the form of 10 pages of my anatomy text book.

Likewise, sometimes memorizing one verse a day means that I have to review the verse I mostly memorized yesterday.

So here are the Talk Time rules (almost as popular as the A Holy Experience rules, don't you think?): if we don't get everything on our list done for a day, then we don't get to check off anything for that day.

For example, if I take my vitamin but I only read 5 pages and I don't work on my memory work at all, then I don't get to check off anything, not even the vitamin. You see, this works out because we're still doing these things for 100 days, they're just not all in a row.

So recently, I have had some very busy days and not everything has gotten done (though I have taken my vitamin quite faithfully) so I haven't made any check marks recently. I have been getting back on track, though, and did all three things yesterday.

Off to do some reading and memorize some of Psalm 139...

1 comment:

Lily said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a "bad" week. I missed out on 3 days because I didn't get all 3 things checked off!