Tuesday, April 14, 2009

For Lily~

Today is April 14th~ my dearest friend's eighteenth birthday!

Lily, I am so thankful to our gracious Father for the ways (the innumerable ways) that He has built, preserved, and is continuing to bless our friendship. As I woke this morning and was thinking about you and praying for you on your birthday my mind was racing over the past 10 years and all His faithfulness to us.

Do you remember when I first met you? We were at the Greenville Seminary picnic and you were wearing yellow overalls.

Over the past ten years I have treasured every "motherly" thing we've done together: from changing our babies' diapers to setting up ALL the chairs for church and printing our bulletin (which included our newborn's baptism). From taking our children out of worship to discipline them to playing doctor's office and hospital. From every Saturday phone call to our annual summer visit. From every letter in the mail to the Greenville conference in March. It makes me smile just thinking about you and all the memories we have together...all the embarassing stories (oh wait, I'm the only one who has embarassing stories :); all the cooking catastrophes (oh wait, those were all my catastrophes :); all the memories that become sweet because we share them together.

You never cease to encourage me: if you're just mailing me a card you made or spending an hour "talkin' about the issues." I always love our Saturday "talk time" because we get down to "the heart things." I love knowing that I can talk about all my struggles and frustrations with you and that you will pour out all yours to me, and we are set free to encourage each other and remind each other of the Lord's great faithfulness.

So to my sweet friend, who shares every facet of life with me~ I know this year will bring millions of new things and we will both do things that we've never done before. We don't know what the Lord has for us. But one thing I know, my buddy: the Lord is indeed fiathful and I am so glad to be walking this road heavenward with you. May the Lord continue to bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon as we step heavenward together.

I love you so much and so...

Happy Birthday, Lily!

"But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
That I may tell of all Your works."
~ Psalm 73: 28 ~

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I want a Lily!
She sounds delightful - and I'm willing to bet the admiration is mutual.

Mrs. Pittman

P.S. Obviously, I figured out how to read your blog - but it won't let me comment under my real name.

thanks for your patience with me!
www.cheaperbythebakersdozen.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I wish everyone could know what it's like to have a friend as great as Lily. I am blessed indeed. Thanks for your comment. Now, if she would just hurry up and read her birthday post :) Come on...!

Try this: when you sign in as "NovelTea" under the comment box click "use a different account" and see if it will let you sign in as someone else that way. Or did you already try that?

Can you tell that I really want you to read our blog :)

Mrs. Pittman said...

Hello Sarah (and the MIA Lily...)

I'm IN! Thanks for your determination in helping me figure out how to be a Novel Tea Talk reader.

Mrs. Pittman

Sarah said...

Sweet! I'm so glad something worked. Welcome to Talk Time!

In His grip,

Miss Blair for the Novelteatalkers

Lily said...

Thank you so much, Sarah! Yes, Mrs. Pittman - the admiration is mutual! Love you Sarah!