Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Quotables for the Day

Good morning!

I was listening to a sermon a couple days ago by Pastor Ben Miller (you can look him up on Sermon Audio -- listen to anything, it's all great!) and he quoted the hymn Behold the Man. I've never sung this hymn before but what he quoted was wonderful to think on so I wanted to quickly post it this morning. Here's a talk time thing worth thinkin' about all day long. Enjoy!


"Behold the man upon the cross, my guilt upon his shoulders.
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held him there until it was accomplished,
His dying breath has brought me life, I know that it is finished."
What a Savior! "It is finished!" "Oh for a thousand tongues to sing, my great Redeemer's praise."

This stanza from the hymn When All Thy Mercies, O My God, is one that I've loved thinking about lately. Just let it sink in...

"Through all eternity to thee
A joyful song I'll raise;
For O, eternity's too short
To utter all thy praise."
Start praisin' Him now because forever isn't long enough to "utter all His praise." "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy Name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits."

More conference highlights coming soon... Have a great day!

Miss Blair

No comments: