Monday, September 8, 2008

This Psalm...

...Never ceases to give me chills when we sing it! We sang this in church last night after the sermon and I almost started crying...except it was so exciting and wonderful and oh! I just love this psalm that I couldn't cry. This is a setting of Psalm 91 the way it's layed out in the Book of Psalms for Singing produced by Crown and Covenant Publications. (to the tune of Jesus! What a Friend For Sinners)

Who with God Most Hugh finds shelter
In th'Almighty's shadow hides.
To the Lord I'll say, "My Refuge!"
In my God my trust abides.
From the fowler's snare He'll save you,
From the deadly pestilence;
Cover you with outspread pinions,
Make his wings your confidence.

God's own truth, your shield and buckler:
You will fear no ill by night,
Nor the shafts in daylight flying,
Nor disease that shuns the light,
Nor the plague that wastes at noonday.
At your side ten thousands fall;
You will only see this judgment
Which rewards the wicked all.

You have made the LORD your refuge,
God Most High your dwelling place;
Nothing evil shall befall you;
In your tent no scourge you'll face.
He will angels charge to keep you,
Guard you well in all your ways.
In their hands they will uphold you
Lest your foot a stone should graze.

You shall trample serpents, lions,
Tread on all your deadly foes.
For his love to Me I'll save him,
Keep him, for My name he knows;
When he calls Me I will answer,
Save and honor him will I.
I will show him my salvation,
With long life will satisfy.

I hope you're all having a wonderful day. It's hard to not have a great day when He says, "For his love to Me I'll save him, Keep him for My name he knows..." What a treasure we have been given...our all-sufficient Savior. "' The Lord is my Portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in Him.'"

Lovingly,

Sarah

No comments: